Istanbul Arbitration Week (ISTAW) will be held between October 10th-14th 2022 in Istanbul, Türkiye. The program aims to bring the arbitrators, academics, in-house counsels, lawyers and other arbitration stakeholders together for a week of insightful discussions and exchange of ideas.
The program will start with the opening ceremony on October 10th in Sait Halim Pasha Mansion, where all the conferences in the following days will also take place.
ISTAW offers a rich program full of thought-provoking and intriguing discussions with an entire panel dedicated to arbitration and technology. The overview of the event program is as follows:
- Opening Reception
- Welcome Remarks
- Global Developments affecting Turkey and the Region
- The ISTAW Keynote Lecture: Istanbul’s Place in the World of Arbitration
- Turning a claim into hard cash – maximizing returns
- Arbitration as an Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanism for Administrative Disputes in respect of the Energy Sector in light of International Approaches
- Energy Charter Treaty and the European Union: True Foes?”
- The interplay of Arbitration & Technology
- Energy Arbitration Panel ( EDAC Session )
- To be funded or not to be funded… That is the question!
- In-house Counsel Perspective
- [Construction and damages Investment arbitration]
- Arbitration in Middle East – is a new era brewing?
- Diversity in International Arbitration and Business
- The Energy Transition – a smorgasbord of new disputes?
- How to run a successful construction case: Strategic planning and practical execution
- The ISTAW Closing Lecture
- New developments and players in Investment Arbitration
- International Arbitration Rules and Submission
- ISTAW Board’s Closing Remarks
- Half-day Conference
ISTAW also provides a wide array of social activities including a Bosphorus Tour, breakfasts, cocktails and the closing reception for networking and bonding with your arbitration fellows.
Keep an eye on the Program as more details will follow.
You can book your places here. See you there soon!